6 membres en ligne. Connectez-vous !

Note de ce sujet :
  • Moyenne : 0 (0 vote(s))
Recherche dans le sujet
Planning a trip in December! Now for the research...
Hey guys!

I'm a brit explorer from London, done a drain and an underground river - and a few other underground bits and pieces; yet really looking forward to getting out there to Paris! (Don't worry, I'll be bringing a phrasebook! Tongue)

I have a copy of the nexus map, and may also be getting a copy of a map from another forum with a local on. I know roughly about the "Grand Entrance", on "La Petite Seinture" - and that its quite close to the official entrance. I've also heard about "Villa du Bel Air", however - I'm not sure how much truth there is to that!

Obviously, It's hard to recce somewhere when you're in a different country! So I was just wondering if there was anywhere to go for the latest gossip and details?

Also, I am planning the trip for December - at the moment, we're looking at 3 nights; if anyone wants to join us and help us out for our first time! I hope to make regular trips afterwards and perhaps trust my own navigation after I've done it a couple of times guided!

Thanks in advance! Smile
Répondre
Moddy a écrit :I have a copy of the nexus map, and may also be getting a copy of a map from another forum with a local on. I know roughly about the "Grand Entrance", on "La Petite Seinture" - and that its quite close to the official entrance.
Wel, no, that's not that close. It's in the same district, but there's a good walk between the offical entrance and the unofficial one.

Moddy a écrit :I've also heard about "Villa du Bel Air", however - I'm not sure how much truth there is to that!
No the same kind of access : this name refers to a street where the old railroad is at street-level, so it's easy to access and walk around from there. In fact it WAS easy, because a fence has been recently added to forbid the access. Anyway from there you can just walk around on right bank, from 12th to 17th district. The access to the catacaombs is on the left bank, and isn't reachable from the 12th district (it's far, and most of the railroad sections are cut by various building sites).
Répondre
fdaniel a écrit :
Moddy a écrit :I have a copy of the nexus map, and may also be getting a copy of a map from another forum with a local on. I know roughly about the "Grand Entrance", on "La Petite Seinture" - and that its quite close to the official entrance.
Wel, no, that's not that close. It's in the same district, but there's a good walk between the offical entrance and the unofficial one.

Ah right, I've since looked it up on a map and seen that!

fdaniel a écrit :
Moddy a écrit :I've also heard about "Villa du Bel Air", however - I'm not sure how much truth there is to that!
No the same kind of access : this name refers to a street where the old railroad is at street-level, so it's easy to access and walk around from there. In fact it WAS easy, because a fence has been recently added to forbid the access. Anyway from there you can just walk around on right bank, from 12th to 17th district. The access to the catacaombs is on the left bank, and isn't reachable from the 12th district (it's far, and most of the railroad sections are cut by various building sites).

mmm - this fence, is it big enough to stop that being an access point? Thanks so much for the help though, it's much appreciated!

I'm going to try and post a report or two in french when I get the confidence! Tongue
Répondre
Moddy a écrit :mmm - this fence, is it big enough to stop that being an access point?
No, but there's more practical ones, and they're not so far.
Répondre
It's me again! Shortly after my last post on here (same day!) I ended up in hospital and sadly the trip was postponed. However, it's now on again for October - the last week.

I've began digging around again and have bought maps of Paris, priced up Eurostar and have began studying catacomb maps again! However, I've come digging for info again... Sorry! Tongue Although, I've now realised I don't need a guide and I'm going to be doing it with a few friends alone.

I understand that travelling along the PC from Arondissement 12 to 17 is long, and silly considering I'm begining in Gare du Nord afterall! I'm just looking for any advice at all regarding access points - I understand this is a public forum and it's rude of me to just ask, but I am trying my best to do enough research whilst being in another country!

Now so far I've discovered that the Byzance region is good, and that it may be best to begin my exploration from the South to the north - sticking to the Le Petite Ceinture for access. (Whilst I know the PC, have it highlighted on maps and more - I'm struggling to find exact access points)

I think I've found the Grand Entrance though! I wont post exact details for security reasons, but 14th Arondissement, PC and a Park in Montsouris? Am I thinking along the right lines?! I've done a search in the forum and someone has said it's access, but when I click on the link it's edited and removed..! Would be happy to talk in Private just to see if I'm right. Big Grin

Even if I have found an access point though, I'm worried about going to a different country - finding that access point closed, and having a wasted journeys and nothing to do for 4 days until my return ticket is valid! So I'm trying to find as many possible points as I can.

In return for any advice, I can pay you in either beer or offers of similar favours in London! Many thanks to everyone - looking forward to exploring a great city with much history!

Also, would I be allowed to practice my french and post some pictures of things in London on the french speaking forums? I'd love to be able to join in with the site, but my french lets me down and I fear that it's a bit rude for me not to contribute as much as I can!
Répondre
It gives very little information to people over the French, I personally do not see why the English have the right to more information?
The catacombs are to remain "secret" for everyone ...
This is not a tour, why there are the catacombs official!
People who are underground do not like tourists!

If you want to do, looking like everyone who came down for the first time!
Répondre

Utilisateur(s) parcourant ce sujet : 1 visiteur(s)