7 membres en ligne. Connectez-vous !

Note de ce sujet :
  • Moyenne : 0 (0 vote(s))
Recherche dans le sujet
Photoshoot in Paris
elpopo
Hello, I'm new to the forum, but not urban exploring. I wanted to see if people had suggestions, or if anyone would be willing to be a guide, for a photoshoot project I'm doing. I spoke to Hugo Clement Who recommended I try this forum. I am a member of other Urbex forums.
Basically, I take models and I photograph on location, all over the world. I need a location that is extremely easy-access, private, and very very safe. It does not-have to be the "best" location, as much as safe. It could be on a roof, underground, anywhere cool, really. I would-have 4-6 people with me. I know this is a difficulty task. It would probably take 4 hours.

Here are some pictures I've taken in the past, in explored areas:

If you want to check out my website, it's poleninjaphotography.com, to see more location shots.

Pièces jointes Miniature(s)

Répondre
Beach
Freed
Karstik
LaPC
outang
Seeing the models in your photos, I'm pretty sure that 80% of the members here will be happy to provide their guiding services
Et demain on reviendra te couper ton zézette
Répondre
Freed
KarlHungus
Karstik
LaPC
Satsuki
Zoko
(Lun. 26 Sep 2016, 16:33)KarlHungus a écrit : Seeing the models in your photos, I'm pretty sure that 80% of the members here will be happy to provide their guiding services
with of course, a french "droit de cuissage" as a payment
Répondre
alpha
Lol. Maybe I should add that I'd need the person to be a respectful guide!
Répondre
Beach
LaPC
(Lun. 26 Sep 2016, 16:47)PoleNinja a écrit : Lol.  Maybe I should add that I'd need the person to be a respectful guide!

A respectuful guide wont accept retribution, and moreover will deny your demand.
Good luck though

Despite all that I am a world famous model allways looking for someone to shoot me, if you find a guide, let me know

[Image: ugly-modeling-agency.jpg]
Répondre
elpopo
Gizmo
LaPC
PoleNinja
Nice pictures, bad approach
La folie est de toujours se comporter de la même manière et de s'attendre à un résultat différent

http://atk-paris.fr
Répondre
Dave
Freed
LaPC
(Lun. 26 Sep 2016, 16:54)atkrea a écrit : Nice pictures, bad approach

I travel the entire world full time.  Every country is different.  To get the photos I get, I have to try different ways everywhere I go.  Don't worry, this isn't my only approach, and based on the comments, I'm understanding a new culture, again.
Répondre
Gizmo
LaPC
PoleNinja
In my opinion "Urban exploring" as you call it, is the one of the last activity where money isn't involved and this has to remain the same.  Paying for a guide is not the right solution...
La folie est de toujours se comporter de la même manière et de s'attendre à un résultat différent

http://atk-paris.fr
Répondre
(Lun. 26 Sep 2016, 17:46)atkrea a écrit : In my opinion "Urban exploring" as you call it, is the one of the last activity where money isn't involved and this has to remain the same.  Paying for a guide is not the right solution...

I understand.  It is the same in the Parkour world where I have spent more than a decade with.  But certain countries, this is expected, so I never know the culture.
Répondre
Freed
Gizmo
LaPC
LOUL
outang
(Lun. 26 Sep 2016, 16:58)PoleNinja a écrit : I travel the entire world full time.  Every country is different.

I travel the entire world full time too. Contrary to your belief, every country is quite similar about making contacts to visit restricted or abandoned magnificent spots.

Wherever you are, blatantly asking someone you don't know to reveal a secret and coveted place, to be available at your disposal during 4 hours and moreover to provide safety and easy-access to you and your friend, is definitely not the right way. Not in France nor in any other country. If you're looking for safe and legal places, just contact a film location service and pay for their work. If you're looking for something else, play by the rules...

Nice pictures and nice work indeed, but definitely a bad approach.
Répondre
Do you make money with your photos ?

-Bhv-
-Allo Allah ?... C'est Ali ?... Ahmed alors !-
Répondre
Freed
LaPC
Il ne vend pas ses photos, ils les échangent contre du cul !
Lémeure & PitiouW corporation
Répondre
Beach
LOUL
(Lun. 26 Sep 2016, 16:06)PoleNinja a écrit : I need a location that is extremely easy-access, private, and very very safe. It does not-have to be the "best" location, as much as safe. It could be on a roof, underground, anywhere cool, really. I would-have 4-6 people with me. I know this is a difficulty task. It would probably take 4 hours.

I'd charge 50€ per hour on location for this kind of task. Preparation time would be already included in the figure. I think it's a fair deal: my plumber charges twice as much, has no risks to take and no preparation to do. And there are probably a few more plumbers in town than available guides for such special requests.
Sapeurs Plombiers & Dépannage TV
Sauter ou pétrir
Répondre
Freed
Hi !
Well, I've just watched your Instagram gallery and  think that you're doing an amazing job.
I really like your "point of view" in your photographies, it's not "sexy", it's not too much, it's just a perfect contrast between sexiness and power of your models.

But as my colleagues said, you're trying a bad approach in this world. I'm not gonna repeat what they said before me.
If you want to find someone, don't talk about money now, you may know (as I know) how people are getting mad with money...
For sure you don't know about a lot of things of our community, but we've got the same rules as urbux's ones (and I know that a lot of people are thinking "there no rules in urbex" I don't care) : don't talk about money, don't talk about the entrance...don't talk about a lot of things ^^

I hope that you can find someone OK to guide you in this secret and wonderful dark cold world.

Good luck  Smile
« Nul part ailleurs sur terre, tu trouveras un lieu qui se rapproche autant de tes rêves, mon enfant. »
Répondre
LaPC
(Lun. 26 Sep 2016, 23:17)ardnaxela a écrit :
(Lun. 26 Sep 2016, 16:58)PoleNinja a écrit : I travel the entire world full time.  Every country is different.

I travel the entire world full time too. Contrary to your belief, every country is quite similar about making contacts to visit restricted or abandoned magnificent spots.

Wherever you are, blatantly asking someone you don't know to reveal a secret and coveted place, to be available at your disposal during 4 hours and moreover to provide safety and easy-access to you and your friend, is definitely not the right way. Not in France nor in any other country. If you're looking for safe and legal places, just contact a film location service and pay for their work. If you're looking for something else, play by the rules...

Nice pictures and nice work indeed, but definitely a bad approach.

Thanks for the compliment.  But also, I feel that because you travel a lot, and you have your resources, it is still different wherever I go.  Bolivia, and the amazon forest, was far different than scotland and norway and iceland.  The US shares similarities, in some ways, to Paris, apparently, but it doesn't adhere as strictly.  Most of my work has been done through personal exploration and risk, but when you only have 4-5 days in each location, and your goal is to create and preserve art combined with the environment and the rich history around you, you can't do that in only 4-5 days.  You have to draw on the resources of locals, and when the locals don't know, you have to work harder to try to find other options.  It means being overly ambitious, sometimes, but that is what art is.  You have to try.  That's my philosophy.  And a film location service can be very expensive for a private photographer who is already losing reams of money doing a personal project.   And, of course, film location services don't really capture the realness of a culture, often.

(Mar. 27 Sep 2016, 09:10)Bhv a écrit : Do you make money with your photos ?

-Bhv-

Quite the opposite, so far.

(Mar. 27 Sep 2016, 09:34)Georges V a écrit :
(Lun. 26 Sep 2016, 16:06)PoleNinja a écrit : I need a location that is extremely easy-access, private, and very very safe. It does not-have to be the "best" location, as much as safe. It could be on a roof, underground, anywhere cool, really. I would-have 4-6 people with me. I know this is a difficulty task. It would probably take 4 hours.

I'd charge 50€ per hour on location for this kind of task. Preparation time would be already included in the figure. I think it's a fair deal: my plumber charges twice as much, has no risks to take and no preparation to do. And there are probably a few more plumbers in town than available guides for such special requests.

I think this is fair, but also more than I have.  But thank you.  Also, it sounds like according to this community that you couldn't be reputable because you asked for the money.  This is based on your fellow commenters.

(Mar. 27 Sep 2016, 09:43)LaPC a écrit : Hi !
Well, I've just watched your Instagram gallery and  think that you're doing an amazing job.
I really like your "point of view" in your photographies, it's not "sexy", it's not too much, it's just a perfect contrast between sexiness and power of your models.

But as my colleagues said, you're trying a bad approach in this world. I'm not gonna repeat what they said before me.
If you want to find someone, don't talk about money now, you may know (as I know) how people are getting mad with money...
For sure you don't know about a lot of things of our community, but we've got the same rules as urbux's ones (and I know that a lot of people are thinking "there no rules in urbex" I don't care) : don't talk about money, don't talk about the entrance...don't talk about a lot of things ^^

I hope that you can find someone OK to guide you in this secret and wonderful dark cold world.

Good luck  Smile

I understand, and thank you for your polite message.  I like to portray my models as strong and powerful, as they are.  Most of them are professional dancers, which is unique.
I mentioned above that my approach is to try to create unique art.  I often think that communities like this actually love their secret world, and seek to preserve it.  I respect that.  For me, I want to not only preserve it, but create something unique and magical and powerful out of it.  In order to do so, I have to act and think outside the box.  There is a learning curve, as with everything, and I have put in my time and efforts myself--but there are times where you must ask for help.  This is me asking for help, even though I have been in urbex in probably the purest form, doing it all myself, for quite a few years.  More than a decade, really.  I have all the evidence to prove it, and only recently have I shared any of them as artistic pieces
I think this community is both awesome in its aggressive preservation, and also blind, sometimes, to the importance of preservation in other forms.  But that is my approach, and I know it is not everyone's--to create art and to help "save" another piece of history.
Répondre

Utilisateur(s) parcourant ce sujet : 2 visiteur(s)